Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I cannot connect to my Wi-Fi after plugging my Macbook Air into the Ethernet. What seems to be the problem?

I cannot connect to my Wi-Fi after plugging my Macbook Air into the Ethernet. What seems to be the problem?

MacBook Air, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 9:40 AM

System Setting >> Network in sidebar

As the wording in below image >> Drag the presented Network Interface into the Order you what

In my case Ethernet is Preferred and Wifi is second

If you what Wifi as Preferred Drag to Top of List

Normally, you usually connect via One method or the Other but you can have both working at the same time

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2023 9:40 AM in response to romuald50

System Setting >> Network in sidebar

As the wording in below image >> Drag the presented Network Interface into the Order you what

In my case Ethernet is Preferred and Wifi is second

If you what Wifi as Preferred Drag to Top of List

Normally, you usually connect via One method or the Other but you can have both working at the same time

Sep 24, 2023 11:09 AM in response to Randall_2023

I know. But if you know Macbook, it has different approach when it comes to its internet security and connectivity. I have connected in the same home Wi-Fi before. After having connected it in my LAN, it didn't connect to my Wi-Fi after wards. It says 'Your Mac successfully joined the Wi-Fi network, but cannot reach the internet."

You better check your answer before rushing into posting. It doesn't help at all.

Sep 24, 2023 1:27 PM in response to romuald50

Disconnect the Ethernet cable form the computer

Check if your WIFI connection has joined your Home Wifi signal

Stll does not get a connection to surf the internet.

Unplug the Router form the electrical and wait 30 seconds

Re plug in the router and wait for ALL the lights stop flashing and are ON

Try your Wifi again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.