Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I transfer apple care to a new phone

I want to trade in my iPhone but I still have another full year of prepaid apple care. Can this transfer to my new iPhone ?

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 3:20 PM

No, AppleCare plans cannot be transferred. Once you buy your new iPhone, you can contact Apple and cancel the plan on your current phone and request a refund for the unused portion of the plan you have. Then you purchase a new plan for the new phone. I just did this for two phones we traded for iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max. We're getting a refund for the unused portion of the plans on the now traded 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max. And we ordered the new phones with AppleCare+ Theft and Loss at the time of order.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2023 3:20 PM in response to zola160

No, AppleCare plans cannot be transferred. Once you buy your new iPhone, you can contact Apple and cancel the plan on your current phone and request a refund for the unused portion of the plan you have. Then you purchase a new plan for the new phone. I just did this for two phones we traded for iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max. We're getting a refund for the unused portion of the plans on the now traded 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max. And we ordered the new phones with AppleCare+ Theft and Loss at the time of order.

Can I transfer apple care to a new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.