Why do I not get the Apple Music 6-month offer on either of my 2 pairs of AirPod Pro 2 w/AppleCare?

I recently purchased two pairs of AirPod Pro v2 (both with AppleCare) for myself and my wife.

I keep opening Apple Music, looking for the advertised offers for 6 months free but all I keep getting is an offer for 30 days?

At first, I thought it was a hangup due to the fact I had installed the beta iOS software but now that I switched to the shipping iOS, I am still not getting the offers?

I even tried using my M1 MacBook Air and my 6 gen iPad mini but no offers there, either?

This has spoiled the AirPods 2 that I gifted to my wife. She won't even use them, now! She won't use any product of "rip off companies".

I've been an Apple fan boy since my Apple ][c in 1983.

I must agree with my wife so, we've both cancelled our iPhone 15 Pro Max orders and I won't be buying the 12.9" M2 iPad outfit either ... all because of Apple lied about the free 6-month offer.

Still, I'd appreciate an explanation because I would really like to understand exactly what went wrong and why we did not get the promised offers!

BTW There is no "help" available to answer this problem at Apple so, I'm forced to count on those of you that are more knowledgable in our Apple community.

Thanks, in advance!

Roy

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 4:43 PM

Looks like I found my answer in the first 2 words, "New subscribers".

So, because I subscribed long ago but not for years since then, I don't qualify.

The only way I found this was it was hidden, in the fine print, with a link to, "terms" which only at the very bottom of that link's long, ultra fine print did they mention AirPod Pro's, "offer details" which brought me to the following legalese that lets them skate on the deal.

This is nuts! It ends my purchasing of anything Apple, for good! During my 40 years of personally buying from Apple I've spent more than one quarter million dollars! They choose to **** all of that away for what ... $66? Well, they have succeeded! I never would have believed this day would come but, things change! It is a VERY sad day for me.

FYI here is the legalese that has stopped my purchases, beginning with the cancellation of both of our iPhone 15 Pro Max 1 TB and also, my 12.9" M2 iPad Pro with floating keyboard stand and pencil.

Good bye NEW Apple! I hope you'll spend your $66 savings, well? It's already cost you five grand!!! It's that California thinking, I guess?

New subscribers get six months of Apple Music on us with eligible AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, HomePod speakers or Beats headphones.

Terms and conditions

• Offer is available for new Apple Music subscribers with an eligible device for a limited time only.
  • Offer cannot be combined with other free trials or offers for Apple Music and is in lieu of any standard introductory offer.
  • Offer cannot be combined with Apple One.
  • Offer is for individual Apple Music subscriptions only.
  • One offer per eligible device.
  • No audio device purchase necessary for current owners of eligible devices.
  • To redeem the offer, you will need to connect or pair your eligible device to an Apple device that is running the latest iOS or iPadOS. Offer must be claimed in the Apple Music app within 90 days after the first time you connect or pair your eligible device to an Apple device.
  • Offer eligible in any region where Apple Music is currently available. See list of eligible countries at Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support.
  • Upon claiming the offer, you agree to a $10.99/month subscription that starts immediately after the free offer period and automatically renews until cancelled. You can cancel at any time in Settings at least one day before each renewal date. If you cancel during your free offer period, you will immediately lose access to Apple Music and the remainder of your free trial. You can’t reactivate this trial.
  • Eligible devices

• Any AirPods (2nd and 3rd generations), AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, HomePod mini, HomePod, Beats Fit Pro, Beats Studio Buds, Powerbeats, Powerbeats Pro, Beats Solo Pro, Beats Studio Buds +, or Beats Studio Pro is eligible. AirPods (1st generation), Beats Solo3 Wireless, Beats Studio3 Wireless, Beats EP, and Beats Flex are not eligible.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2023 4:43 PM in response to Roy Martin German

Looks like I found my answer in the first 2 words, "New subscribers".

So, because I subscribed long ago but not for years since then, I don't qualify.

The only way I found this was it was hidden, in the fine print, with a link to, "terms" which only at the very bottom of that link's long, ultra fine print did they mention AirPod Pro's, "offer details" which brought me to the following legalese that lets them skate on the deal.

This is nuts! It ends my purchasing of anything Apple, for good! During my 40 years of personally buying from Apple I've spent more than one quarter million dollars! They choose to **** all of that away for what ... $66? Well, they have succeeded! I never would have believed this day would come but, things change! It is a VERY sad day for me.

FYI here is the legalese that has stopped my purchases, beginning with the cancellation of both of our iPhone 15 Pro Max 1 TB and also, my 12.9" M2 iPad Pro with floating keyboard stand and pencil.

Good bye NEW Apple! I hope you'll spend your $66 savings, well? It's already cost you five grand!!! It's that California thinking, I guess?

New subscribers get six months of Apple Music on us with eligible AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, HomePod speakers or Beats headphones.

Terms and conditions

• Offer is available for new Apple Music subscribers with an eligible device for a limited time only.
  • Offer cannot be combined with other free trials or offers for Apple Music and is in lieu of any standard introductory offer.
  • Offer cannot be combined with Apple One.
  • Offer is for individual Apple Music subscriptions only.
  • One offer per eligible device.
  • No audio device purchase necessary for current owners of eligible devices.
  • To redeem the offer, you will need to connect or pair your eligible device to an Apple device that is running the latest iOS or iPadOS. Offer must be claimed in the Apple Music app within 90 days after the first time you connect or pair your eligible device to an Apple device.
  • Offer eligible in any region where Apple Music is currently available. See list of eligible countries at Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support.
  • Upon claiming the offer, you agree to a $10.99/month subscription that starts immediately after the free offer period and automatically renews until cancelled. You can cancel at any time in Settings at least one day before each renewal date. If you cancel during your free offer period, you will immediately lose access to Apple Music and the remainder of your free trial. You can’t reactivate this trial.
  • Eligible devices

• Any AirPods (2nd and 3rd generations), AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, HomePod mini, HomePod, Beats Fit Pro, Beats Studio Buds, Powerbeats, Powerbeats Pro, Beats Solo Pro, Beats Studio Buds +, or Beats Studio Pro is eligible. AirPods (1st generation), Beats Solo3 Wireless, Beats Studio3 Wireless, Beats EP, and Beats Flex are not eligible.

Why do I not get the Apple Music 6-month offer on either of my 2 pairs of AirPod Pro 2 w/AppleCare?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.