Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iphone 15 pro max wifi

WiFi in iPhone 15 pro max will not connect to 5 ghz. My iPhone 14 pro max had zero issues. I have seen that changing the frequency should fix it, however I feel that if it worked on the last generation why should it not work now. Suggestions? Help? Does apple need to update firmware for WiFi modem in the new phone?

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 6:52 PM

I'm having zero issues on 5ghz Wifi on iPhone 15 Pro Max in my home. But then a couple months ago, I installed a brand new Linksys Mesh 6e Pro system in my home, with 3 nodes, to ensure I have strong Wifi everywhere I go in my home. How far away from your router are you from the router? You may need to contact your ISP to see if there's a firmware update for your router. There should be absolutely no need for a firmware update on a brand new iPhone 15 model. And you're the first person I've seen post here with any issue with Wifi. At a minimum, have you rebooted your router? Can you connect OK to the 2.4ghz side? Remember that 5ghz is short distance. 2.4ghz is longer distance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2023 6:52 PM in response to Legokelley

I'm having zero issues on 5ghz Wifi on iPhone 15 Pro Max in my home. But then a couple months ago, I installed a brand new Linksys Mesh 6e Pro system in my home, with 3 nodes, to ensure I have strong Wifi everywhere I go in my home. How far away from your router are you from the router? You may need to contact your ISP to see if there's a firmware update for your router. There should be absolutely no need for a firmware update on a brand new iPhone 15 model. And you're the first person I've seen post here with any issue with Wifi. At a minimum, have you rebooted your router? Can you connect OK to the 2.4ghz side? Remember that 5ghz is short distance. 2.4ghz is longer distance.

iphone 15 pro max wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.