How long can iPhone 15 Pro Max Record Video?

I'm wondering how long a fully loaded - 1TB - 15 Pro Max can record 4K HDR video without a connected external hard drive and without overheating. I know there are a lot of variables that should be considered here. But, in general, has this been tested?

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 7:49 AM

Can you estimate the recording times. I need to record an event of about 60 minutes. Maybe a little longer.

I have a 15 pro max. ITB. I have 600GB available. How can I make this continuous recording with the iphone? Thank you !!

2 replies

Sep 25, 2023 8:08 AM in response to mdm1871

It depends on resolution / FPS you choose (in Settings>Camera>Video, you'll find space occupation examples) and on how much your device's free storage has.

As far as warming up, I'm not aware of any official tests result, but bear in mind that video recording is always a stressing job for any smartphone. See also the section "Your device might get warm" in this support article:--> If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

How long can iPhone 15 Pro Max Record Video?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.