Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Pick up Reservation, Phone Was Out of STOCK

I placed an order for a iPhone 15 Plus 256 GB in Pink Saturday night with a reservation time of Sunday 9/24/23 at 3:15-3:30pm. I arrived at the pick-up location which was 2 hours from where I live at 3pm waited 1 and 1/2 hours in the reservation pick up line to finally get with an associate to be informed that my "reserved" "PAID FOR" phone was OUT OF STOCK. How this happened is beyond me. I was told I would have it mailed expedited shipped to me and that I would have a tracking number for it today 9/25/23. I have not received any update or tracking number as of yet. I cannot believe Apple took my money and I have no phone. Has this happened to anyone else and if so WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?!

iPhone 15 Plus

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 12:25 PM

While we all understand your frustrations, “payment” is generally not made until you pickup the device in a store. (or when it’s physically shipped to your shipping address)

Apparently mistakes were made somewhere.

Has any “charge” actually cleared your payment method? (vice a normal “authorization” which occurs occurs up-front w/ any online ordering process)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2023 12:25 PM in response to MarissaTap1999

While we all understand your frustrations, “payment” is generally not made until you pickup the device in a store. (or when it’s physically shipped to your shipping address)

Apparently mistakes were made somewhere.

Has any “charge” actually cleared your payment method? (vice a normal “authorization” which occurs occurs up-front w/ any online ordering process)

Pick up Reservation, Phone Was Out of STOCK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.