Open Recent Returns Clear Menu

Pages v 13.2 returns Clear Menu when Open Recent is selected. How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 5:51 AM

System settings : Desktop & Dock panel : Recent documents, applications, and servers. Change that from None to how many items you want to appear in your Open Recent sub-menu. Mine is set at 10.

Also, if you deliberately clear that Open Recent sub-menu, you will need to open and save Pages documents before this list of recent documents begins to populate again. Deleted files ae not removed from that list unless pushed off the stack by newer open/save cycles.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 5:51 AM in response to RodBuilder1

System settings : Desktop & Dock panel : Recent documents, applications, and servers. Change that from None to how many items you want to appear in your Open Recent sub-menu. Mine is set at 10.

Also, if you deliberately clear that Open Recent sub-menu, you will need to open and save Pages documents before this list of recent documents begins to populate again. Deleted files ae not removed from that list unless pushed off the stack by newer open/save cycles.

Open Recent Returns Clear Menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.