Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Apple Music “Recently Added” playlist missing

So I’ve seen a half a dozen articles and I’m not sure what I’m missing, but I want to listen to my recently added songs on Apple Music (on iPhone), there always used to be a “Recently Added” playlist on iTunes back when. I’ve seen people saying to turn on “smart playlists” but I don’t see the option. Am I missing something right in front of my face? I have an option for “Recently Played” and “Top 25 Most Played” but nothing for “Recently Added”.

iPhone 5s, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2024 2:17 PM

FIGURED IT OUT!

okie so if you have a mac and phone and playlist on neither you can make the playlist on your mac. On Mac open Apple Music and on the very top of the screen where it says “music file edit song…” etc click file then new. You should see the option for smart playlist! After that a window pops up where you can choose how many songs selected by ____ and choose recently added!!(make sure to uncheck “match rule” but have “limit selected by” checked) Just found this I’ve been looking forever and started to poke around. It should then automatically sync with your phone :)

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2024 2:17 PM in response to Ginga_ninja

FIGURED IT OUT!

okie so if you have a mac and phone and playlist on neither you can make the playlist on your mac. On Mac open Apple Music and on the very top of the screen where it says “music file edit song…” etc click file then new. You should see the option for smart playlist! After that a window pops up where you can choose how many songs selected by ____ and choose recently added!!(make sure to uncheck “match rule” but have “limit selected by” checked) Just found this I’ve been looking forever and started to poke around. It should then automatically sync with your phone :)

Oct 6, 2023 7:16 AM in response to Ginga_ninja

I'm having the same exact problem, and no, the Recently Added in Library is not the same as the Recently Added or Recently Played smart playlists. Both smart playlists still exist on my iMac so assuming this is an iOS17 issue on iPhone. Additionally, my Apple Music subscription is up to date, so that's not the issue either (and not all of my music was purchased through Apple Music either, so that wouldn't track). Open to any real suggestions and OP, if you find a fix, would you mind posting it here?

Apr 4, 2024 4:16 AM in response to Ginga_ninja

Me too! I have an iPhone 11 and I thought updating my phone would help? Everytime I add a song to my playlist it would usually be all the way on the top so I could press it as soon as I open it, but now even when I go to the sort playlist button it’s all over the place?? Also that playlist doesn’t even show us on my library, please help me!!

Apple Music “Recently Added” playlist missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.