Can I set up sharing on my child's Apple Watch?

I'm letting my son use my old Apple Watch and I set it up for him since he doesn't have a phone yet. I'd like to see his exercise when he's done so I tried setting up sharing and he got the request on the watch but it says he needs to set up sharing on the fitness app. I can see his watch on my iPhone but his profile doesn't have the sharing tab on the bottom like my profile does. Is there a way to see his workout via sharing like I do with my wife?

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 7:25 PM

I assume by "setting up sharing" you mean you used Family Setup on his watch. That is different from:

Share your Activity with your iPhone and Apple Watch - Apple Support

which is what I assume you and your wife are doing.

Note that some Apple Watch features depend on having a companion iPhone, and aren't available on an Apple Watch that you pair using Family Setup. See the 'Manage a family member's Apple Watch after you set it up' section (and others) in:

Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2023 7:25 PM in response to babyjor10

I assume by "setting up sharing" you mean you used Family Setup on his watch. That is different from:

Share your Activity with your iPhone and Apple Watch - Apple Support

which is what I assume you and your wife are doing.

Note that some Apple Watch features depend on having a companion iPhone, and aren't available on an Apple Watch that you pair using Family Setup. See the 'Manage a family member's Apple Watch after you set it up' section (and others) in:

Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

Can I set up sharing on my child's Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.