The left edge is too hot on ipad pro m2

Hi everybody

Currently I am using the iPad pro m2 12.9 inch product that I just received yesterday. But one thing that makes me quite worried is that during use, the vertical left edge of the iPad radiates a lot of heat while the right edge shows no signs of heat generation even though I only do a few single tasks like taking notes with goodnotes and using the browser

So I want to ask if this is okay or not? Thank you OwO

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 8:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 3:58 PM

The Pencil's magnetic charging dock and the physical volume buttons are on opposite sides of the iPad.

Either way, if your iPad is becoming uncomfortably hot at any point of the iPad chassis, you would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to assess your iPad for faults:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 3:58 PM in response to OwO-UwU

The Pencil's magnetic charging dock and the physical volume buttons are on opposite sides of the iPad.

Either way, if your iPad is becoming uncomfortably hot at any point of the iPad chassis, you would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to assess your iPad for faults:

Sep 26, 2023 7:05 AM in response to OwO-UwU

As described, the heat may be being generated by the magnetic inductive charging dock used to charge a second generator Apple Pencil. The charging dock is located centrally on the long edge of the iPad - on the side opposite to the physical volume buttons.

Unless you are charging a Pencil, this should not create any heat.

You might be well advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad:

Assuming that your iPad was purchased directly from Apple, should you have any concerns whatsoever, you have benefit of 14-days within which to return your iPad to Apple for exchange or refund. If you suspect a fault, you would be well advised to this opportunity while you are able to do so.

Beyond 14-days, your iPad will be repaired or exchanged under Apple’s one-year limited warranty. Depending upon your country/region, you may have additional rights concerning available remedy.

iPad Service & Repair - Apple Support

Sep 26, 2023 10:48 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thank you very much for your answer but there seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding here. The vertical left edge here I mean is the edge opposite the apple pencil 2 and the volume buttons. Actually, even when I put the Apple Pencil in to charge, the heat it radiates is not as obvious as the other side(On my device both the volume and charging buttons for the apple pencil are on the same long edge) UwU

The left edge is too hot on ipad pro m2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.