Unknown Bluetooth device titled “TY” with no blue info icon or way to remove on iPhone 14 ProMax

While reviewing my Bluetooth devices I came across an unfamiliar item titled “TY” that stood out as it was already connected and was the only one that didn’t have the blue info icon to the right of it. I tried pressing it to get more info with no success - tried sliding left to right for some option to try to forget device but it didn’t work so I toggled off Bluetooth and back on and it vanished off the list for a moment but a minute later it was once again connected with no blue info icon. I see this question has been asked numerous times but no clear answer. There is no option to forget the item - I have screenshots if it helps. How do I identify the Bluetooth item TY? I’m concerned about potential security risks relating to using connected bluetooth items to view, mirror, send/receive financial details/files or even accessing my private confidential details stored on my device.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2024 12:39 AM

Hi to all! Same here, “TY” suddenly appeared in my Bluetooth devices (without the blue “info” icon on the right and there is no way to turn it off. But the most concern is about Apple answers! How the heck is possible nobody can answer clearly what this “TY” means and how it’s possible that suddenly appeared to so many people in various part of the world? I have many WiFi/bluetooth devices like light bulbs, sockets, Alexa, Samsung TV, Apple Airpads, vaccini cleaner, doorbell….and I have Smart Life app as well, but until now never ever I noticed “TY” among Bluetooth devices! Never ever! Suddenly there is “TY” device connected…and apparently there is no way to find out what the heck it is? I really can see answers like “try to see with some third-party app…..hope this is helpful!” Common! There are no gosts! More PRO support would be appreciated. Thanks

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2024 12:39 AM in response to LyleXay

Hi to all! Same here, “TY” suddenly appeared in my Bluetooth devices (without the blue “info” icon on the right and there is no way to turn it off. But the most concern is about Apple answers! How the heck is possible nobody can answer clearly what this “TY” means and how it’s possible that suddenly appeared to so many people in various part of the world? I have many WiFi/bluetooth devices like light bulbs, sockets, Alexa, Samsung TV, Apple Airpads, vaccini cleaner, doorbell….and I have Smart Life app as well, but until now never ever I noticed “TY” among Bluetooth devices! Never ever! Suddenly there is “TY” device connected…and apparently there is no way to find out what the heck it is? I really can see answers like “try to see with some third-party app…..hope this is helpful!” Common! There are no gosts! More PRO support would be appreciated. Thanks

Sep 25, 2023 11:18 PM in response to LyleXay

LyleXay Said:

"Unknown Bluetooth device titled “TY” with no blue info icon or way to remove on iPhone 14 ProMax: I have screenshots if it helps. How do I identify the Bluetooth item TY? I’m concerned about potential security risks relating to using connected bluetooth items to view, mirror, send/receive financial details/files or even accessing my private confidential details stored on my device."

-------

Remove this from a Third-Party App:

Any Third-Party Apps that using Bluetooth Devices (i.e. FitBit)? If so, remove the die from that app. Then, try forgetting this device once more.

Unknown Bluetooth device titled “TY” with no blue info icon or way to remove on iPhone 14 ProMax

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.