I need to access my data but says iPhone unavailable

my iPhone 7 was put in to a store for repair and when I received it back I forgot the passcode and it read iPhone unavailable how do I fix? Please help

the phone has iOS 13

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 9:20 AM

There is no way to access the data. Both of the following methods require erasing the phone but you can restore it from a backup later in the process.

There is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that is not an option, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 9:20 AM in response to Astronautstatus

There is no way to access the data. Both of the following methods require erasing the phone but you can restore it from a backup later in the process.

There is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that is not an option, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

I need to access my data but says iPhone unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.