Did anyone else's new iphone 15 come with a USB C to lightning cable instead of USB C to USB C??

I preordered the new iphone 15 from AT&T as an upgrade. When i received it, it came with a USB C to lightning cable. And from my understanding it should have been a USB C to USB C cable. Is this an issue others have had?? Is this a problem i go to Apple or AT&T for? I dont think i should have to buy a cable that should have been included with my already very expensive phone.

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2024 11:16 PM

Let me tell you, I just opened my new Apple iPhone15 Pro Max, purchased from an Apple Store which needless to say is not a cheap item. Unbeknownst to me I am just seeing that it had a different type charging cable. You would think that with the billions of dollars Apple makes on us they would provide a simple power adapter to plug the cable into as they’ve always provided in the past years! I’ve been sitting here shaking my head (along with a few choice words) thinking about why they would do such a thing!? I am now at 1am with a phone that is about to die, and I have no way of charging it. They’ve always had a cable and adapter block in the box in all of the iPhones I’ve ever had. Why on earth would they suddenly stop providing a power adapter IN ADDITION to changing the cable type on you!?

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2024 11:16 PM in response to theconfusedcatz

Let me tell you, I just opened my new Apple iPhone15 Pro Max, purchased from an Apple Store which needless to say is not a cheap item. Unbeknownst to me I am just seeing that it had a different type charging cable. You would think that with the billions of dollars Apple makes on us they would provide a simple power adapter to plug the cable into as they’ve always provided in the past years! I’ve been sitting here shaking my head (along with a few choice words) thinking about why they would do such a thing!? I am now at 1am with a phone that is about to die, and I have no way of charging it. They’ve always had a cable and adapter block in the box in all of the iPhones I’ve ever had. Why on earth would they suddenly stop providing a power adapter IN ADDITION to changing the cable type on you!?

Oct 3, 2023 11:29 AM in response to theconfusedcatz

Yes, the cable that would come with the iPhone 15 series should be a USB-C to USB-C charging cable. As such, AT&T should resolve this for you by providing you with the correct cable.

Is it possible that Apple shipped a phone with the wrong cable. Maybe, but very unlikely. One thing to take into consideration is that AT&T, like any cellular provider, are reselling phones that they either purchase directly from their respective manufactures, or reselling them from trade-ins that have been refurbished.

I would suspect that refurbished iPhone 15s would be somewhat rare at this point in time, but it may be possible. As such, it may be the case where the original packing was opened, and the wrong cable placed inside before it was resealed. Only speculating at this point.

Jan 19, 2024 9:09 AM in response to Bella0820

If you purchased this iPhone, directly from Apple, you were informed BEFORE you made that purchase what comes "in the box" with this phone. It does tells you that it comes with a USB-C charging cable. No mention about it coming with a power adapter. You can verify this yourself by going to the online Apple Store and start the ordering process (without obligation) for an iPhone 15 Pro Max. There you will see the following image:

Thus, if you are unsatisfied with your purchase, you have 15 days from the date of purchase to return the phone for a complete refund.

Apr 13, 2024 12:47 AM in response to Bella0820

Oh no you must be upgrading from an iphone 11 or sooner. They stopped including bricks in the box with the iphone 12 line. I got extremely lucky and happened to get the only fast charging brick to ever come with an iPhone when i got my iPhone 11 pro max at release, they changed it back to the small brick a month or two later and then removed it all together. It does suck that they don’t include it anymore, but most of us already have at least one, if not multiple in their household. I can see this being a problem if your only apple device is an iPhone which is becoming more and more rare these days.

Did anyone else's new iphone 15 come with a USB C to lightning cable instead of USB C to USB C??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.