Photos missing

I was on my Mac working today looked for a photo and I have lost or at least they have disappeared from my Mac?I imagine it is something to do with the words "Curation complete" but I never started this, whatever it is?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 11:26 AM

Hello nobutakashi,

If photos are missing on your Mac, please check out this link, which explains what to do, and how to try and locate them: If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app

On your Mac

1. In macOS Ventura or later, use Touch ID or your login password to unlock your Recently Deleted album.
2. Click the photo or video.
3. Click Recover.

Anything in your Recently Deleted album stays there for 30 days. After 30 days, it's permanently deleted and you can't get it back.

Thanks!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2023 11:26 AM in response to nobutakashi

Hello nobutakashi,

If photos are missing on your Mac, please check out this link, which explains what to do, and how to try and locate them: If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app

On your Mac

1. In macOS Ventura or later, use Touch ID or your login password to unlock your Recently Deleted album.
2. Click the photo or video.
3. Click Recover.

Anything in your Recently Deleted album stays there for 30 days. After 30 days, it's permanently deleted and you can't get it back.

Thanks!

Photos missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.