Adding a separate apple id

My wife and I share our icloud storage, how do i set up a separate apple id for your so our calls and texts are kept separate?

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 10:37 AM

You have set up family sharing account Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

She can leave family sharing account Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

Her Apple ID will be separated from the account and she will receive calls / texts from others .

See the article Make sure each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support

Apple recommends you do not share your Apple ID. Instead, set up Family Sharing so each person can use their own Apple ID. This way, your family can still share purchases, subscriptions and more without sharing personal information, such as emails, text messages or passwords.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 10:37 AM in response to raymon129

You have set up family sharing account Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

She can leave family sharing account Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

Her Apple ID will be separated from the account and she will receive calls / texts from others .

See the article Make sure each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support

Apple recommends you do not share your Apple ID. Instead, set up Family Sharing so each person can use their own Apple ID. This way, your family can still share purchases, subscriptions and more without sharing personal information, such as emails, text messages or passwords.

Adding a separate apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.