How to back up hard drive and external drive on Time Machine

I would like to know how I can back up with the Time Machine both hard drive (Mac mini) containing program files and External drive containing documents. Or in other words, how I can INCLUDE external drive to backed up together with the hard drive. IOS Ventura. Thank you.

Mac mini

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 5:57 AM

It is quite simple. In System Settings->General->Time Machine, click the options button. There is a list of drives that are being excluded from the Time Machine backup. If the drive you want to be included in your backups is on this list, then remove it. If the drive is not in the list, then it is already included in the backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2023 5:57 AM in response to absolutelyphoto

It is quite simple. In System Settings->General->Time Machine, click the options button. There is a list of drives that are being excluded from the Time Machine backup. If the drive you want to be included in your backups is on this list, then remove it. If the drive is not in the list, then it is already included in the backup.

How to back up hard drive and external drive on Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.