Apple Card decrees

It’s so messed up that Apple is able to do this to their customers I had a $4000 credit card times are rough right now I took my check and made a $2000 payment to my credit card so I could pay some bills and they took it all

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 2:32 PM

7 replies

Sep 27, 2023 10:42 AM in response to Gabrailr

All card issuers will decrease credit limits. They also do not give advance notice of credit limit reductions. What you were probably doing is called credit cycling. Banks generally take a dim view of account holders that credit cycle.

Apple had no part in reducing your credit limit. Apple is not a bank and cannot interfere in Goldman Sachs business practices.

Sep 26, 2023 2:34 PM in response to Gabrailr

I will never use my Apple Card again. They don’t care about you or your family. All I care about is their money I took my whole check. I worked all week for to pay my credit card so I could pay bills in the moment I clicked pay they decreased my spending limit and then emailed me they didn’t even give me time to pay any of my bills

Sep 27, 2023 10:28 AM in response to cosmicpracticaljoke

Correct, without any notice at all, they just decreased my spending limit and then sent me an email stating that they did I tried contacting them and they said there’s nothing they can do to help me that they’re doing this nationwide. I literally put my money in there every month and use it to pay my bills I was never laid on a payment always make sure it was paid on time but what really gets me is I just busted my butt off all week. Got my check and said hey babe, let’s pay some bills I took the 2K and I put it on my Apple Card and before I could even pay any bills, they took it , I am still sick to my stomach and I don’t even know what to do. I was supposed to pay my car payment our Internet or electric gas my kids football my daughters cheerleading if I would’ve known they were gonna take it I would’ve never put it in there. I will never trust Apple again.

Sep 27, 2023 10:32 AM in response to muguy

Yes, so I use my Apple Card very frequently because of the cashback reward so my spending limit was $4000 and as long as I put that $4000 back into the account then I don’t get charged any interest so what I usually do is get my paychecks pay my Apple Card off Use it to pay all my bills and I do this every month and then I transferred $2000 to my wallet and then paid $2000 towards my Apple card. Once I paid the $2000 they decreased my available balance and took the $2000 and then they sent me an email stating that they were going to do it, I’m just trying to figure out how to recover off of this one because this was so unexpected unfortunately with what’s going on in the world today my savings is empty or I wouldn’t of really took it this hard, but I take care of my fiancé and four kids by myself so when stuff like this happens it messes me up pretty bad thanks to Apple. I’m screwed at the moment.

Sep 27, 2023 9:37 PM in response to Gabrailr

Mate I’m hearing ya. That’s why I don’t do direct debits anymore for bills. I’ve had companies take money out without notice for fees/services that were incorrectly charged. And experienced the knock on effect that has.

I can speak for America but I’m pretty sure the banks here in Australia cannot change your limit without written notice. But the laws are changing here slowly also that favour the companies over the consumer.

Apple Card decrees

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.