My husband is trying to change phones bc his last one screen when white. He’s trying to sign into his iCloud but it wants to verify who he is by sending a code to his old phone but he can’t bc he can’t see the screen. How can he do it?

iPhone 13 Pro screen went white, took to Apple support and they said couldn’t be fixed. Tried to transfer to a new phone but can’t get a verification code bc it sends to old phone I can’t see the screen

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 6:57 PM

BrownT8 Said:

"My husband is trying to change phones bc his last one screen when white. He’s trying to sign into his iCloud but it wants to verify who he is by sending a code to his old phone but he can’t bc he can’t see the screen. How can he do it?"

-------

Logging in Using Two-Factor Authentication:

Add a Trusted Device:

Seems you are referring to Two-Factor Authentication? If so, add this new iPhone or another device as a Trusted Device to get the code: Add or Remove Trusted Devices on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 6:57 PM in response to BrownT8

BrownT8 Said:

"My husband is trying to change phones bc his last one screen when white. He’s trying to sign into his iCloud but it wants to verify who he is by sending a code to his old phone but he can’t bc he can’t see the screen. How can he do it?"

-------

Logging in Using Two-Factor Authentication:

Add a Trusted Device:

Seems you are referring to Two-Factor Authentication? If so, add this new iPhone or another device as a Trusted Device to get the code: Add or Remove Trusted Devices on Mac - Apple Support

Sep 27, 2023 2:00 PM in response to BrownT8

BrownT8 Said:

"He tried that and it sent a code to my number but it wouldn’t accept it. So now it’s stopped him from getting into his account completely till they decide to release it"

-------

Get this number modified to what it should be...

Contact Apple Support:

You must contact Apple Support, asking the App Rep on the phone to modify it to what it should be.  Important: Perform a trial-&-error login session, prior to ending the call.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

My husband is trying to change phones bc his last one screen when white. He’s trying to sign into his iCloud but it wants to verify who he is by sending a code to his old phone but he can’t bc he can’t see the screen. How can he do it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.