Inactive icloud but show find my iphone is on

Hello i have problem with my iphone i checked serial and imei is show is off find my iphone but show is on settings

Find my iphone ON

If I give factory settings it won't lock?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 9:49 PM

aysun48 Said:

"I bought the phone so the iCloud entered is inactive, the password is not known: I'm interested in checking the ime number, it is turned off, but in the settings it is turned on"

-------

Troubleshooting a Pro-Owned Device:

So, where was this purchased? You may have been sold a device that was never sold appropriately. So, return it to the seller, and have them use the following link. This the site the seller should have used prior to selling it to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your Mac - Apple SupportThe seller should have known better.

Contacting the Domain:

If purchased off a third-party site (ie. Amazon or eBay), then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 9:49 PM in response to aysun48

aysun48 Said:

"I bought the phone so the iCloud entered is inactive, the password is not known: I'm interested in checking the ime number, it is turned off, but in the settings it is turned on"

-------

Troubleshooting a Pro-Owned Device:

So, where was this purchased? You may have been sold a device that was never sold appropriately. So, return it to the seller, and have them use the following link. This the site the seller should have used prior to selling it to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your Mac - Apple SupportThe seller should have known better.

Contacting the Domain:

If purchased off a third-party site (ie. Amazon or eBay), then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable.

Sep 26, 2023 9:30 PM in response to aysun48

aysun48 Said:

"Inactive icloud but show find my iphone is on Hello i have problem with my iphone i checked serial and imei is show is off find my iphone but show is on settings Find my iphone ON If I give factory settings it won't lock?"

-------

Troubleshooting Find My Inconsistencies:

Log out of iCloud on all of your devices. then, log back in, one-device-at-a-time. Perhaps it all needs to resync?

Inactive icloud but show find my iphone is on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.