What has happened to the fast opening of Quick Notes on my iPad (by swiping from the bottom right corner of the iPad screen)?

IOS 17 for iPad seems to have taken away the fast opening of Quick Notes, which I used all the time! Why?

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 4:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 5:07 AM

The feature has not been removed in iPadOS 17.x. It may be necessary, however, to reset the feature following update to iPadOS17.

If already configured, you may need to initially disable the corner-swipe gestures from iPad settings:

Settings > General > Gestures > 

• Allow Finger Swipe from Corner - set to OFF 
  • Left | Right Corner Swipe - select both to OFF

Restart your iPad:

Force restart iPad - Apple Support

After restart, enable the corner-swipe gestures as required:

Allow Finger Swipe from Corner - set to ON - unless you wish to restrict gestures to just the Apple Pencil

Left | Right Corner Swipe - select Quick Note or Screenshot as required

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2023 5:07 AM in response to Cathalo

The feature has not been removed in iPadOS 17.x. It may be necessary, however, to reset the feature following update to iPadOS17.

If already configured, you may need to initially disable the corner-swipe gestures from iPad settings:

• Allow Finger Swipe from Corner - set to OFF 
  • Left | Right Corner Swipe - select both to OFF

Restart your iPad:

Force restart iPad - Apple Support

After restart, enable the corner-swipe gestures as required:

Allow Finger Swipe from Corner - set to ON - unless you wish to restrict gestures to just the Apple Pencil

Left | Right Corner Swipe - select Quick Note or Screenshot as required

What has happened to the fast opening of Quick Notes on my iPad (by swiping from the bottom right corner of the iPad screen)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.