Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Handoff & Universal Clipboard broken on iOS 16.7

After updating my iPhone X to iOS 16.7, I've noticed Universal Clipboard and Handoff have stopped working completely. The other device is a MacBook Pro 2019 running Ventura 13.6. Both handoff and Universal Clipboard worked perfectly fine before the update to iOS 16.7 a few days ago. Any advice on getting it working again? I've already tried disabling and re-enabling handoff on both devices.

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 11:37 AM

Hello Olllyyyj,

For help with Handoff and Universal Clipboard not working, first make sure those features have been setup as suggested here: Use Handoff to continue tasks on your other devices

You might also try restarting both devices, which can resolve some issues. If the issue persists, you'll next want to reach out to Apple Support directly to further troubleshoot with you. You can reach them here: Get Support

You can also find the support phone number for your region at this link: Contact Apple for support and service

All the best.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2023 11:37 AM in response to Olllyyyj

Hello Olllyyyj,

For help with Handoff and Universal Clipboard not working, first make sure those features have been setup as suggested here: Use Handoff to continue tasks on your other devices

You might also try restarting both devices, which can resolve some issues. If the issue persists, you'll next want to reach out to Apple Support directly to further troubleshoot with you. You can reach them here: Get Support

You can also find the support phone number for your region at this link: Contact Apple for support and service

All the best.

Handoff & Universal Clipboard broken on iOS 16.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.