Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Since apple isn’t supporting my iPad with the 0.17 update but allowed the 0.16 update (which has issues) how do I go back to an older version

Evidently, I made a mistake in purchasing this nib 2016 iPad Pro. It had an update to 0.16, but not the 0.17

then I read that that the 0.16 has vulnerabilities., so I tried to update it to the 0.17 which is supposed to address those vulnerabilities

but it doesn’t offer the 0.17 update.

I searched online and found a post that apple isn’t supporting this model

but they supported it enough to allow the 0.16 update to install with its vulnerabilities

wth

how do I remove the 0.16 with vulnerabilities and get it back to the version before that update

I would think apple should have to allow any of their iPad models to get the 0.17 that updated to their faulty 0.16 a couple of days ago.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 10:08 AM

iPadOS 16.7 is current - and incorporates all the security updates also included within iPadOS 17.0.2.

Similar questions

1 reply

Since apple isn’t supporting my iPad with the 0.17 update but allowed the 0.16 update (which has issues) how do I go back to an older version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.