Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

A2141 Macbook Pro i9 2019 - Battery life? Just 2 hours

I own a MacBook pro i9 2019 A2141.

32GB RAM

1TB SSD

6.5GB Graphics

And my battery is replaced just a week ago, & a brand new battery gives me a life of 2 hours (i.e, just 120 mins)

Please let me know what you think should be done?

Any help & suggestions appreciated!

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 9:07 PM

It appears you have a MBPro 16" (2019) model.

Did you have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider perform the battery replacement with an official Apple OEM battery repair? If so, then you have a 90 day part warranty....so go back and have them make things right.

If you had a third party battery installed, then the battery is most likely bad and you will need to work with the seller or the tech involved to get a replacement. With a third party battery you may need to first calibrate the battery by fully charging the battery to 100% and leaving the charger connected for several hours afterward. Then disconnect the charger and use the laptop until the battery drains to 0% charge. Reconnect the charger and let the battery charge to 100% again making sure to leave the charger connected for a couple hours after it reaches 100%. Theoretically you should be able to use the laptop normally.

You should also check that your battery is being charged to 100% and charging has not been paused (usually at 80%) which would indicate that Optimized Charging is configured.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2023 9:07 PM in response to Sumer_aSn

It appears you have a MBPro 16" (2019) model.

Did you have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider perform the battery replacement with an official Apple OEM battery repair? If so, then you have a 90 day part warranty....so go back and have them make things right.

If you had a third party battery installed, then the battery is most likely bad and you will need to work with the seller or the tech involved to get a replacement. With a third party battery you may need to first calibrate the battery by fully charging the battery to 100% and leaving the charger connected for several hours afterward. Then disconnect the charger and use the laptop until the battery drains to 0% charge. Reconnect the charger and let the battery charge to 100% again making sure to leave the charger connected for a couple hours after it reaches 100%. Theoretically you should be able to use the laptop normally.

You should also check that your battery is being charged to 100% and charging has not been paused (usually at 80%) which would indicate that Optimized Charging is configured.

A2141 Macbook Pro i9 2019 - Battery life? Just 2 hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.