Newsroom Update

Apple News+ introduces Quartiles, a new original spelling game, and Offline Mode for subscribers. Learn more >

Are you enjoying the Fitness update? I use it to measure my walks per day but that thing constantly asks if Im finish with my walk. I think they should give us the option to choose if to be notified and just count steps.

I am asking the Fitness 'Workout' programmers to make this program user friendly. Because it's annoying and I want to uninstall this especially after new update.

Let us choose if we want notifications or if paused then continuing to walk it will /should continue to count steps. Instead of asking if I'm finished. funny thing is I have to constantly check to see if its asking me cause if it is its not counting my steps. I count my days worth of steps and maybe I just need another app.

Make this more user friendly, please.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 3:22 PM

It sounds as if you're turning on a workout and leaving it on even when you're not actively exercising in order to count your steps? If so, that's going to be problematic. It's not designed as a step counter. But, you can go to the Watch app on your phone, go to Workougs and turn off Auto-Pause and End Workout Reminder.

However, if what you want to do is just count steps, no, Apple doesn't really provide a good way to do that. There are lots of third-party apps, however, that do. Take a look at, for example, StepsApp. It has a very nice iPhone app and a Watch app. It will also allow you to add a complication to your watch face so that, to check your steps, you just need to look at the watch.

Also note that your watch will count your steps without turning on a workout. You can see them by going to the Activity App (three rings) and swiping down to the bottom.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2023 3:22 PM in response to decap027

It sounds as if you're turning on a workout and leaving it on even when you're not actively exercising in order to count your steps? If so, that's going to be problematic. It's not designed as a step counter. But, you can go to the Watch app on your phone, go to Workougs and turn off Auto-Pause and End Workout Reminder.

However, if what you want to do is just count steps, no, Apple doesn't really provide a good way to do that. There are lots of third-party apps, however, that do. Take a look at, for example, StepsApp. It has a very nice iPhone app and a Watch app. It will also allow you to add a complication to your watch face so that, to check your steps, you just need to look at the watch.

Also note that your watch will count your steps without turning on a workout. You can see them by going to the Activity App (three rings) and swiping down to the bottom.

Are you enjoying the Fitness update? I use it to measure my walks per day but that thing constantly asks if Im finish with my walk. I think they should give us the option to choose if to be notified and just count steps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.