Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Don't have permission to create web apps

I'm trying to save a YouTube web app to my dock and I keep getting an error message that says "You don’t have permission to save the file “YouTube.app” in the folder “Applications”. To view or change permissions, select the item in the Finder and choose File > Get Info."

This makes no sense. I'm the admin and this is my personal MacBook Pro. I wish they would stop releasing software that's half-baked. How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 4:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 5:55 PM

This makes no sense. I'm the admin and this is my personal MacBook Pro. I wish they would stop releasing software that's half-baked. How do I fix this?

What's really strange is it should be saving into an Applications folder in your Home.

Do you have one in your Home? What are the permissions on that folder?

If you don't, try creating one and try again.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2023 5:55 PM in response to Ben Kenon

What's really strange is it should be saving into an Applications folder in your Home.

Do you have one in your Home? What are the permissions on that folder?

If you don't, try creating one and try again.

Don't have permission to create web apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.