Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Why do I need to use 2 security keys for my apple account?

Is it possible to set up 1 security keys for my Apple ID account?

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 6:47 PM

megg197 wrote:

No. You need two. See the following from About Security Keys for Apple ID - Apple Support

• At least two FIDO® Certified* security keys that work with the Apple devices that you use on a regular basis.

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. We don't have access to unpublished information from Apple and I'm not aware of anything they have published about why and speculation isn't allowed on this forum.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2023 6:47 PM in response to megg197

megg197 wrote:

No. You need two. See the following from About Security Keys for Apple ID - Apple Support

• At least two FIDO® Certified* security keys that work with the Apple devices that you use on a regular basis.

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. We don't have access to unpublished information from Apple and I'm not aware of anything they have published about why and speculation isn't allowed on this forum.

Why do I need to use 2 security keys for my apple account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.