some keyboard keys are not working...

78&9

letters u i j k l

Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 11:00 PM

4 replies

Sep 27, 2023 11:10 PM in response to rickaindow

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Inform Appel of this issue. Apple won’t get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their issues area out and about, and what fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this, if you don't report it to them.

To Leave Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: Bug Report” for the “Feedback Type
  3. Select: Peripheral/Device Supports” for the “Feedback Area
  4. Comment: that this all began after installing the macOS. Include the URL of this thread.
  5. Proceed from there as necessary

Sep 27, 2023 11:09 PM in response to rickaindow

rickaindow Said:

"sonoma update issues: Just updated to Sonoma on my Mac Book Air M2 some keyboard keys are not working...78&9 letters u i j k lAny ideas?"

-------

Mac Keyboard Keys aren't Working:

A. Start Here: If your Mac doesn’t Respond to key Presses - Apple Support

B. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting this once more. For instructions, go here: How to Use safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

C. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting this once more. For instructions, go here: How to Use safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

No Succes?...

D. Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more.

sonoma update issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.