ios17 on both iPhone & iPad - Can no longer search completed reminders

My husband and I use the reminders app on our iPhones/iPads to track what items we need to shop for. When an item is purchased, it is marked as completed. When we need to purchase it again, we search for the completed item and remove the completed mark so it no longer shows as completed. This ability is no longer available in iOS 17. When we search for a completed reminders item our devices return no results yet if we scroll through the completed items, what we were searching for is there in the list marked as complete. I’ve tried to find anything in Settings where this ability may have been changed when we updated to 17 but have thus far been unsuccessful. Any ideas on how this can be fixed or where to report this unwanted change?

As you can see by the attached images I have tried toggling hide/show and both yield the same results.

TYIA for your help!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 5:31 AM

1 reply

Oct 1, 2023 8:03 AM in response to MinnesotaLisa

Hey there MinnesotaLisa,

We understand you've noticed that searching for completed items in Reminders does not yield results. We'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

Make sure you have the latest update to iOS 17.0.2 installed: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Allow a few hours for the data to reindex and test to see if you're able to search for completed items.

Kind regards.

ios17 on both iPhone & iPad - Can no longer search completed reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.