Numbers Quick Filter not working

In one of my spreadsheets, I did a quick filter on a column that has text in some of the rows. I need to quickly hide all the rows without values, in order to do some calculations with only the rows that have values in this column. So... I selected the column, quick filter, deselected BLANK and left the rest of the values checked. I should have ended up with about 60 rows. The result was only a few rows. Most of the rows that should have been selected, they were hidden.

I used to have Excel (Windows platform)... super easy/intuitive/quick. So I'm familiar with the whole concept.

Does Numbers - Quick Filter - work? If so, what are the steps to 'quick filter' a column?

MacBook Air, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 5:11 PM

Make sure you do not have any other filters set up. When you create a quick filter, it will turn on all filters. You may have some that were set up previously but filtering was turned off so they were not doing anything. Take a look at the Organize sidebar.

5 replies

Numbers Quick Filter not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.