Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

MySql Workbench crashes

I use MySQLWorkbench for database designing, and after the update to Sonoma, it didn't work again! When I try to open a ERR diagram, the application crashes!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 10:32 PM

I wish I had researched this first, I am in the middle of a college course and this has increased my stress level.

21 replies

Dec 5, 2023 6:44 AM in response to jai_el

I ran into the same issue the minute I updated to Sonoma from BigSur (I know it's quite the jump), MySQL workbench connects to the server and it runs 2 queries until it crash and as to reopen. I use SQL for school just for reference. As you know Oracle hasn't released a version adaptable to Sonoma yet (I wish I had done my research beforehand), wasn't keen on downgrading but I found an alternative. Oracle has a MySQL Shell 8.0 extension for VS Code. It's not the same but works just fine for me, and if you're interested it also provides scripting capabilities for JavaScript and Python.

Hope this helps & happy querying!

Sep 28, 2023 8:31 PM in response to jai_el

jai_el wrote:

Hello

Yes, I have the lastest ARM-compatible version. The installer is mysql-workbench-community-8.0.34-macos-arm64.dmg

This is the crash report:

[Edited by Moderator]

When I look at the Workbench site I see that version 8.04 is compatible with Ventura (13) and Monterey (12). I don't see any mention of Sonoma. I do not use Workbench so can not do more research about your issue.

Oct 22, 2023 9:43 AM in response to etresoft

Do you know what that word "community" means? It means that when this app crashes, it is your responsibility to fix it. Don't ask Apple. Don't ask Oracle. The "community" is you. Get to work!

IMHO it is allowed to ask whether someone else

• has this problem as well
  • or probably found a workaround.

The TO may be good at many things, but probably not in fixing mysqlworkbench.

Oct 18, 2023 10:46 AM in response to jai_el

jai_el wrote:

Yes, I have the lastest ARM-compatible version. The installer is mysql-workbench-community-8.0.34-macos-arm64.dmg

Do you know what that word "community" means? It means that when this app crashes, it is your responsibility to fix it. Don't ask Apple. Don't ask Oracle. The "community" is you. Get to work!

Oct 22, 2023 11:11 AM in response to mbrugge

mbrugge wrote:

• IMHO it is allowed to ask whether someone else
has this problem as well
• or probably found a workaround.

The TO may be good at many things, but probably not in fixing mysqlworkbench.

Then they probably shouldn't be using open-source or "community" software and/or upgrading their Mac. Those kinds of tools regularly break with operating system upgrades. I'm here to help people. But there isn't anything I can do in these cases.

Your suggestion to use an alternative, supported app is good. I don't know anything about this app. It appears to be regularly updated at least. That's laudable these days. I don't use any GUI database tools, so I don't have anything to recommend.

MySql Workbench crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.