Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iCloud Backup is getting failed.

I'm using iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 17. Already I've subscribed 50GB space from iCloud & it's having around 45GB space. but when I run "Back up now" in phone, it's getting failed due to the insufficient space in iCloud. what can be the reason for this issue?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 8:38 PM

comdini Said:

"Cloud Backup is getting failed.: I'm using iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 17. Already I've subscribed 50GB space from iCloud & it's having around 45GB space. but when I run 'Back up now' in phone, it's getting failed due to the insufficient space in iCloud. what can be the reason for this issue?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

If you have "Insufficient Space" for a Backup:

Just as it says "Insufficient Space". IOW: You don't have enough space to keep the backups. Note that an iPhone can only be restored to a backup of the same iOS version. So, maybe take this as a good reason to delete any backups that are of an older iOS version. Elsewise, upgrade you iCloud Plan, if an option to you: iCloud+ Plans and Pricing - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2023 8:38 PM in response to comdini

comdini Said:

"Cloud Backup is getting failed.: I'm using iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 17. Already I've subscribed 50GB space from iCloud & it's having around 45GB space. but when I run 'Back up now' in phone, it's getting failed due to the insufficient space in iCloud. what can be the reason for this issue?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

If you have "Insufficient Space" for a Backup:

Just as it says "Insufficient Space". IOW: You don't have enough space to keep the backups. Note that an iPhone can only be restored to a backup of the same iOS version. So, maybe take this as a good reason to delete any backups that are of an older iOS version. Elsewise, upgrade you iCloud Plan, if an option to you: iCloud+ Plans and Pricing - Apple Support

Sep 28, 2023 9:08 PM in response to comdini

comdini Said:

"Cloud Backup is getting failed.: Thanks for your reply @TheLittles. I got a clue from your reply.: Followed below steps & identified that which items are exceeding the limit. found the photo gallery. :)"

-------

You are Welcome.

Export, then Delete:

So, export the iCloud Photos, and then verify your can access the download. Once verified, trash them from iCloud Photos, considering that they are no longer needed in iCloud. See here: Download iCloud Photos and Videos - Apple Support

Sep 28, 2023 9:00 PM in response to TheLittles

Thanks for your reply @TheLittles. I got a clue from your reply.

Followed below steps & identified that which items are exceeding the limit. found the photo gallery. :)

1. Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Tap Apple ID banner.
  3. Tap iCloud.
  4. Tap Manage Storage.
  5. Tap Backups.
  6. Tap iPhone under Backups.
  7. Tap Manage Storage.
  8. Tap Backups.
  9. Tap your iPhone or iPad under Backups.

iCloud Backup is getting failed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.