ups stole my iphone

I received the package for my new iPhone 15 pro max but the box was empty. The package had clearly been opened with removal of the packing tape and resealed with clear packing tape. Called apple immediately Apple says they’re completing an investigation. I was told it would take 48 hours to complete. 4 business days later and still no resolution. Anyone had this experience? Any one have anyone at Apple actually do anything than get a run around with no real answers or solution? If you did get a replacement, what was the timeline?

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 10:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2023 8:52 PM

It happened to me as well. I ordered an iPhone 15 Pro Max for my wife on 11/12/2023. The shipment is delivered on 11/16/2023. It felt very light when handled. I shake it, no sound. I opened it, empty box. It was either stolen in Apple distribution center, or UPS handle along the way. I contacted Apple right away. They opened an investigation case and was told I have to wait 24 to 48 hours before I will be contacted for updates. I filed a claim on UPS reporting this case. Base on what I read here and elsewhere regarding to similar cases, I think Apple and delivery company should put surveillance their shipping process to ensure the shipment go to consumer untethered and protect consumers' purchase.

23 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2023 8:52 PM in response to Dianne Pansing

It happened to me as well. I ordered an iPhone 15 Pro Max for my wife on 11/12/2023. The shipment is delivered on 11/16/2023. It felt very light when handled. I shake it, no sound. I opened it, empty box. It was either stolen in Apple distribution center, or UPS handle along the way. I contacted Apple right away. They opened an investigation case and was told I have to wait 24 to 48 hours before I will be contacted for updates. I filed a claim on UPS reporting this case. Base on what I read here and elsewhere regarding to similar cases, I think Apple and delivery company should put surveillance their shipping process to ensure the shipment go to consumer untethered and protect consumers' purchase.

Nov 8, 2023 3:34 PM in response to Dianne Pansing

Apparently UPS stole my phone as well. The original shipping box arrived, appeared to be untampered with, but no phone. The original Apple phone box and accessories were there, but the phone missing.

I have filed a local official Police report, but no luck there.

See attached photo of the shipping box from UPS. The security strip was still there, not taken off, however the box from Apple had tabs on the top and bottom that could have allowed a thief to easily take the phone out of the box. They were not taped up.

Someone knew what they were doing here. The box was clearly marked with A.I. on the front of it.

Any guidance at this stage would be appreciated.

Nov 2, 2023 1:38 AM in response to TheLittles

Yes! It happened yesterday. iPhone 15 pro max. UPS driver said this box feels very light and I would like for you to open in front of me which was good because I then had the UPS driver to document that the box was empty:( after looking more closely someone slit the tape very carefully and removed iPhone. The only people in possession was Verizon who had UPS pick up so the only logical thing is that a UPS employee stole it in Pennsylvania, Memphis or Knoxville. I am perplexed that UPS cannot monitor their employees better or have a better system. Very disappointed after waiting two weeks and now not sure how long I will have to wait.

Dec 8, 2023 7:13 AM in response to Dianne Pansing

This exact thing just happened to me 4 days ago. Empty box left by UPS on doorstep. I saw the drivers leaving. Box has been opened and closed with clear packing tape. I opened a UPS claim immediately and it was closed 6 minutes later with "Insufficient information" (no email or call to me). I tried to file a new claim and the automated site said you can not file multiple claims for the same tracking number. I called and the automated system said I should file a claim. I used the chatbot which tried to loop me into "Please file a claim" but eventually I was able to get a phone number and talked to a person at UPS. They said they will do nothing as Apple and UPS have an agreement that Apple will handle all lost packages. I called Apple and was told they would send me a new phone. Nothing received, no email. I called Apple 2 days later (yesterday) and they said they tried to send me an email. They said they will try again in 48 hours. Curious that they are able to successfully send me dozens of order details, Apple Care emails, and surveys but not an email when my phone has been lost. Hoping they will resolve it. If not, I'm not sure what remedy I have otherwise aside from blocking the payment via Credit Card company and trying again. Suggestions welcome.

[Edited by Moderator]

Sep 28, 2023 11:40 PM in response to Dianne Pansing

Dianne Pansing Said:

"ups stole my iphone:I received the package for my new iPhone 15 pro max but the box was empty. [...]Anyone had this experience?[...]"

-------

Based on Personal Experience....

The only way I've had this occur is when having to send in a device for service. apple ships you a box within a box, and then, you ship it out to them. I have never ben sent an empty lox, elsewise.

Nov 3, 2023 9:18 AM in response to Dianne Pansing

I ordered my new iPhone 15 pro max on 09/15 online, was shipped on 10/02. I still haven’t received the phone in November. The status was shipped-delayed on UPS but I can see the phone arrived my city since 10/05. Called Apple and UPS many times. Apple said they’ve done their investigation and no further actions from them, asked me to contact local law enforcement. Then I called local police and they don’t accept the case and asked me to deal with Apple and UPS. UPS said they need instructions from Apple. Now I am stuck. Anyone has similar experience?

Nov 3, 2023 10:07 AM in response to YaMar2332

YaMar2332 Said:

[…]The only people in possession was Verizon who had UPS pick up so the only logical thing is that a UPS employee stole it in Pennsylvania, Memphis or Knoxville.[…]

———-

What makes you Suspect this?

Some kind of distribution center in the area? Maybe opening a P.O. Box would be a bit safer, being legible for handling. For all of my expensive packages, UPS (or whoever?) taking it back to their distribution center, where I must drive. These are typically found at airports(or somewhere in the vicinity).

Feb 14, 2024 8:24 PM in response to Dianne Pansing

I also just had this happen with my Macbook a few weeks ago and have been trying track down what's going on with both Apple and UPS.

Apple: Started an investigation with UPS (who claimed it was delivered and signed for)

UPS: Can't help you talk to Apple

Back to Apple: File a report with your local police

This is ridiculous. How come I get photos for proof of delivery for $14 sandwiches I order on DoorDash and yet no single proof of delivery for a $4000 laptop. Such sophisticated technology and not a single tracking/surveillance feature working during shipment. Once logged in, you can track your laptop in case it gets stolen, but on it's way to you, no tracking at all.

I just got off the phone with UPS who said my package was signed for with my last name - and I always sign with my first and last name. Proof that the driver stole it! And now it's just their word against mine.

[Edited by Moderator]

ups stole my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.