Related Article: Apple security releases

Try to update my phone need help

Trying to Update my phone and making sure my phone I have not been hacked

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 11:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 11:36 PM

Lburks1 Said:

"Try to update my phone need help: Trying to Update my phone and making sure my phone I have not been hacked"

-------

Hacked iPhone:

The only way an iPhone can be hack is if it has been jailbroken, and the only probably way for that to have occurred if if it was purchased secondhand (IOW not directly from Apple).

Update Using a Computer and Ethernet:

Alternatively, you can use Ethernet through a computer.... To avoid this persistent notification on your iPhone, try updating via a computer. If you cannot use Wi-Fi, then use Ethernet.  Go Here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2023 11:36 PM in response to Lburks1

Lburks1 Said:

"Try to update my phone need help: Trying to Update my phone and making sure my phone I have not been hacked"

-------

Hacked iPhone:

The only way an iPhone can be hack is if it has been jailbroken, and the only probably way for that to have occurred if if it was purchased secondhand (IOW not directly from Apple).

Update Using a Computer and Ethernet:

Alternatively, you can use Ethernet through a computer.... To avoid this persistent notification on your iPhone, try updating via a computer. If you cannot use Wi-Fi, then use Ethernet.  Go Here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

Try to update my phone need help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.