Unable to connect to my HP printer

Since updating to iOS 17.0.2 I have been unable to connect to my HP Envy 4502 printer. When I try to connect all I get is a message on the Printer Information page saying “gathering supplies information” and then message on options page saying “no printer connected” I have checked the printer, it shows as connected to my network, I have checked with a WiFi scan and it shows as connected but it will not connect to my printer app on iPhone 13.

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 8:05 AM

2 replies

Oct 1, 2023 5:27 PM in response to Bedlam49

Hi Bedlam49,

To help troubleshoot possible network issues, test the behavior after restarting your router. To do so, simply unplug the router for about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. This may help clear up connection issues being experienced.

To troubleshoot the printer app, test after restarting your iPhone and after checking for an update to the app in the App Store. To restart the iPhone, simply hold either volume button and the side button drag the slider that appears, and the press and hold the side button to turn it back on. Check out those suggestions in the following article: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Unable to connect to my HP printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.