Automatic Downloads Option Not Showing in Music App on Mac

Fellow Apple Users,

The Automatic Downloads option is not showing when following the steps from here: Buy or download music from the iTunes Store in Music on Mac - Apple Tugi (EE)

1. In the Music app  on your Mac, make sure you authorized your computer to play iTunes Store purchases. See the Apple Support article Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases.
  2. Choose Music > Settings, click General, then select Automatic Downloads.

I was on macOS 13 Ventura, so I upgraded to 14 Sonoma, and issue persists.

I found some older threads with users having this same issue, but no resolution.

If anyone is having this issue please click Me Too below, so we can hopefully get this issue fixed.

Thank you!

Mac mini (M1, 2020)

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 7:39 AM

Hi danno2022,

The Automatic Downloads option will appear when you're logged into an Apple ID subscribed to an eligible Apple Music plan. The feature is there to automatically download music to listen to offline. Otherwise the General settings may look different. You can learn more here: Change General settings in Music on Mac - Apple Support

We hope this clarifies things for you.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 7:39 AM in response to danno2022

Hi danno2022,

The Automatic Downloads option will appear when you're logged into an Apple ID subscribed to an eligible Apple Music plan. The feature is there to automatically download music to listen to offline. Otherwise the General settings may look different. You can learn more here: Change General settings in Music on Mac - Apple Support

We hope this clarifies things for you.

Take care.

Automatic Downloads Option Not Showing in Music App on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.