iOS 17 in iPhone 14

I have iPhone 14.

Question 1.

After updating iOS 17 my iPhone battery draining fast why ❓

In iOS 16 the battery draining is not fast.

What is this solution ❓

Question 2.

I want to go back iOS 16 in my iPhone 14

How I can do uninstalling iOS 17 & reinstalling iOS 16 ❓

what is the solution ❓

Kindly send me the reply asap

Best regards

K.Shanmuga Subramanian

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 5:17 PM

Hey K.Shanmuga Subramanian,

For Question 1:

After updating to iOS 17, it's common to see battery drain due to Spotlight reindexing all files on your iPhone. It should stabilize within a week. If it continues beyond that, reaching out to Apple support is a good idea.

iOS 17 update battery drain issues should rectify within days (appleinsider.com)

For Question 2:

Unfortunately, Apple doesn’t officially support downgrading to previous iOS versions after upgrading. However, if you're tech-savvy, there are unofficial methods available online, but they come with risks and might void your warranty.

Best wishes!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2023 5:17 PM in response to shanmugamsv4

Hey K.Shanmuga Subramanian,

For Question 1:

After updating to iOS 17, it's common to see battery drain due to Spotlight reindexing all files on your iPhone. It should stabilize within a week. If it continues beyond that, reaching out to Apple support is a good idea.

iOS 17 update battery drain issues should rectify within days (appleinsider.com)

For Question 2:

Unfortunately, Apple doesn’t officially support downgrading to previous iOS versions after upgrading. However, if you're tech-savvy, there are unofficial methods available online, but they come with risks and might void your warranty.

Best wishes!

Sep 29, 2023 5:21 PM in response to shanmugamsv4

WARNING! THIS METHOD IS NOT RECOMMENDED BY APPLE!

Hello shanmugamsv4

there is no official way to downgrade iOS versions but there is a way to downgrade. Go to ipsw.me and select your phone. Than click iOS 16.6.1 and wait for it to download. Than put your iPhone in recovery mode and connect it to iTunes

On Mac hold Option and click the restore button

on windows hold shift and click restore

than select the file, wait for apple to restore your phone than set it up there you go you are back on iOS 16

Dec 6, 2023 9:18 PM in response to shanmugamsv4

It happened to me and lots of other people too!

My battery life has completely disintegrated since the 17 update. I've gone through my entire phone repeatedly and turned off lots of useful features, I've updated all my apps and reset my network in hopes that it would help, but nothing has.

Before this update I had no issues with my battery life; I'm using a 2nd Gen SE - it is an older model but the phone itself was practically brand new. Now since the update I'm suddenly being told that my battery is completely shot and needs replaced! It basically destroyed my new device and I have no idea if it's actually permanent damage.

No suggestions by Apple or the "experts" has changed a thing and it's such a widespread issue that it makes me suspect that it's a flaw built into the update, perhaps intentionally.

There is no excuse for such a large tech company to not do everything they can to correct such a major issue that they caused ASAP, so the only conclusion that I can come to is that they wanted this to happen.

Supposedly after every update there are some background actions occurring that can affect battery life for awhile, although I've personally never had that happen with any other updates, but after waiting for over a month nothing has gotten better for me.

Then of course they released 17.1.2, which only addressed some security issues, and next month there will be another big update released, so I wonder how long they'll suggest we wait after it to see if the battery draining stops.

I really hope that they finally do something to fix this battery drain, but I'm not holding my breath.

Apple has a history of destroying battery life intentionally in an attempt to force users to upgrade, they've even been sued by entire countries and found to be liable.

Those countries demand that Apple stop doing it to their citizens, but that hasn't stopped them from continuing to engage in this bad business practice elsewhere.

They think it'll make people rush out to replace their now defunct devices, but all it really does is destroy confidence in the company.

I don't think I'll buy anymore iPhones because there's no promise that they won't purposely make my device obsolete or refuse to fix update issues like this in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm fed up! So sorry that I've got no advice, only sympathy.

iOS 17 in iPhone 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.