Forget passcode

Hello,good evening.

I forgot my iPhone password because I had surgery and after surgery I could not enter my password.

The Apple ID of this iPhone is on my other iPhone.

Can you help me to unlock my iPhone without erasing data

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 8:37 AM

If a passcode is forgotten, there is no option to reset it without erasing the phone.

Both of the following involve erasing the phone.

There is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that is not an option, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2023 8:37 AM in response to arefe289

If a passcode is forgotten, there is no option to reset it without erasing the phone.

Both of the following involve erasing the phone.

There is an Apple article that explains what to do if you have forgotten an iPhone or iPad passcode. Click on the following link: If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

If that is not an option, you will need to use a computer. See: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Forget passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.