Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How do I share my apple music library with my family

I have apple music family but now I want to share my apple music library with the others in my family.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 8:52 AM

All you can do is share a playlist with your partner. Each persons Apple Music account will have their own content and music suggestions. The only way the content would be the same is when using the same Apple ID on multiple devices. My suggestion would be to create a playlist on your Apple Music profile using the instructions below. You can then choose who you want to view the playlist.

How to share an Apple Music playlist on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 8:52 AM in response to jsswitmer

All you can do is share a playlist with your partner. Each persons Apple Music account will have their own content and music suggestions. The only way the content would be the same is when using the same Apple ID on multiple devices. My suggestion would be to create a playlist on your Apple Music profile using the instructions below. You can then choose who you want to view the playlist.

How to share an Apple Music playlist on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Sep 30, 2023 7:53 AM in response to jsswitmer

As long as you have the Family Subscription to Apple Music, all you need to do is to start a Family Group by following the instructions to set up Family Sharing that was viewed on the top of this screen. Once you have a group of family member in the plan, you are able to share your subscription. In addition to the Support Article from above to set up Family Sharing, this support article may help you with sharing a subscription.

Add a family member to your shared subscriptions - Apple Support

If there is a step in this process that does not seem to be working for you, then give more details on if you have Family Sharing set up already or if there is a specific step that is giving you trouble.

How do I share my apple music library with my family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.