Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to stop Apple Music from playing randomly after closing the App

sometime the apple music start playing randomly even when i already close the app. How do i fix it

for example when i play the game. I play the online mode in a game that force you to stay on that page or else you will lose connection. Even when the full top tab is unacceptable. So in mid round the apple music start randomly playing the song for a few seconds before it stop. This happened twice

note that this is truly random, it doesn’t matter that i open the apple music beforehand or not because i surely didn’t it open on that day

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2024 7:34 PM

This happens to me so much I have to delete the app when I'm gigging and using my phone as a metronome. You don't know how upsetting it is until you are about to start a church gig and you put your phones on to find TOOL'S Stankfist blaring at you. It is not a Bluetooth issue.

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 14, 2024 9:48 AM in response to Bibianwa

This is not a bluetooth issue. This is a terrible design flaw in new macs that makes me feel like throwing the thing out the window. The only fix appears to be a 3rd party app online that blocks apple music from opening, but I'm not willing to risk installing it.

Apple are so sure of themselves that people could only be using airpods to listen to their music app that they've rigged it to open the app immediately once you touch your airpods, so long as no other app is open yet. There are many more uses for airpods, such as watching instruction videos at college. I have to force the app to quit many times a day. It's so frustrating.

Just thinking of deleting Apple Music once and for all, if I'm honest. Less stress all round.

Oct 2, 2023 1:52 PM in response to Bibianwa

Hi Bibianwa,

If the Music app is randomly playing, could there be a Bluetooth connection that paired with the phone as sometimes Bluetooth devices can automatically start the Music app. To test, turn off Bluetooth from Settings and see if it still continues. If it does not automatically play, go to Settings > Bluetooth and unpair any accessories you no longer use. Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone or iPad.

If it seems like the app itself is not working as expected, you can follow If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open.

Take care.

Apr 18, 2024 1:29 PM in response to Bibianwa

Is the same if you start your television that Apple TV start up with out asking. So irritating that I am thinking about to kick the box out! With my iPad and iPhone I am connected with Bluetooth or even cable headphone it’s start playing music so irritating that is. Already kicked u2 of my iPad and next will be the app. Shows you how a good product shoots them self in the foot with this kind of bugs (or arrogance)

How to stop Apple Music from playing randomly after closing the App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.