Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Playing songs in order on an iPod Shuffle 2nd gen

I've been trying to listen continuous songs on my iPod shuffle (such as Pink Floyd's "The Dark Side of the Moon") meaning I want to listen to an album in the order that was originally intended by the artist. I've tried all different kinds of things, even re-naming the tracks to "a", "b", "c", and so on but it still plays in a random order. I have un-checked the box in the music app that says "Choose items randomly" but it still plays in what I think is the alphabetical order of the song titles. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I have an iPod shuffle 2nd generation and a 2020 Intel iMac running Ventura 13.5.2

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 10:25 PM

Here's a link to the "iPod shuffle (2nd generation) – Features Guide" on the Apple Support site. There's a diagram and a table, showing a little switch on the side that you slide, to determine whether you want to shuffle your songs, or play them in order.

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/0/MA197/en_US/iPod_shuffle_Features_Guide.pdf

I would try putting all of the songs that you want to load into the Shuffle into a playlist on your computer (since the playlist has an inherent sequence order), syncing the Shuffle, then making sure the little switch on the Shuffle is in the right position.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2023 10:25 PM in response to BuckyTheDucky

Here's a link to the "iPod shuffle (2nd generation) – Features Guide" on the Apple Support site. There's a diagram and a table, showing a little switch on the side that you slide, to determine whether you want to shuffle your songs, or play them in order.

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/0/MA197/en_US/iPod_shuffle_Features_Guide.pdf

I would try putting all of the songs that you want to load into the Shuffle into a playlist on your computer (since the playlist has an inherent sequence order), syncing the Shuffle, then making sure the little switch on the Shuffle is in the right position.

Playing songs in order on an iPod Shuffle 2nd gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.