Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Software Installation Problems on MacBook Pro M1 OS v. 14.0 Sonoma

I've been having problems installing certain applications. The latest was Anaconda. My Macbook Pro has an M1 chip, and it's running OS 14.0 (Sonoma), although I was having this problem with OS 13 (Ventura) as well. I tried to install Anaconda for Mac M1 and M2, but the installation failed. I have tried both the graphical pkg and the terminal .sh installers with the same result. I've had this problem with other software packages as well. Any ideas about what might be going on and how to resolve this problem? I'm attaching the message I get at the end of the installation.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 12:58 PM

4 replies

Jan 16, 2024 1:15 AM in response to Pioneer82

User wrote " My Macbook Pro has an M1 chip, and it's running OS 14.0 (Sonoma), "

If nothing else at least update the computer from present Sonoma 14.0 to current 14.2.1

This may not be directly related to your Main Issue but at least the machine will be current and have some Bug and Security Fixes installed

About the security content of macOS Sonoma 14.2.1

Keep your Mac up to date

Make Time Machine Backup  before doing any upDates / upGrades 

Software Installation Problems on MacBook Pro M1 OS v. 14.0 Sonoma

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.