Why I cant download apps without paying

Why I cant download no apps without paying

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 6:59 PM

Apple requires a valid payment method on your account. Even free apps require a payment method as almost all free apps offer in-app purchases. You don't ever have to buy anything, so Apple isn't requiring you to pay for anything. You just need to have a payment method on your account.

5 replies

Sep 30, 2023 7:14 PM in response to lashonda148

When you put what card? A valid credit card would have a valid credit limit. And you're NOT PAYING for anything that's free. You won't be charged for a free app.

You don't have to have a payment method if you don't want one. You just won't be able to download apps.

And when you say y'all, you must think you're speaking with someone from Apple? You aren't. This is a user to user only forum. No one from Apple is here. But even if there was someone from Apple here, they'd tell you that you need a payment method on your account.

Sep 30, 2023 7:26 PM in response to lashonda148

What part of you you are NOT speaking with Apple do you not understand? WE AREN'T APPLE, so us all are NOT trying to find a way to get money. And Apple ISN'T trying to get money either. If you are trying to add a payment method, which has no money on it as you say, of course it's being declined.

Just don't ever download any apps and you won't have to worry about having a payment method. This means no Facebook, no Youtube, no Instagram, no X (formerly twitter), no Netflix. No pretty much any app.

Why I cant download apps without paying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.