Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

My iphone promax got stolen i need to disable it permanently

My iphone promax got stolen 4 days back i tried to activate erase deivce and mark as lost as well .How can you permanently help me lock it since the thieves also too my device passcode

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 2:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 2:44 AM

Hi there,

First make sure to report the theft to local law enforcement.

Then follow these steps

• Change your Apple ID password: Sign in to appleid.apple.com, then choose Sign-in and Security from the sidebar. Select Password and follow the instructions.
  • Remotely erase your iPhone or iPad: If you have access to a trusted device or a family member's device, erase your device with Find My. Otherwise, erase your device from iCloud.com/find.
  • If your iPhone is covered by AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, file a claim for an iPhone replacement. Don't remove your iPhone from Find My or your Apple ID until your claim has been fully approved.
  • Report it to local law enforcement. They might request the serial number of your iPhone or iPad, which you can find even if you don't have the device. Learn how to find the serial number of your device.
  • Contact your wireless carrier to report your missing iPhone, ask them to disable your account, and file a claim if your iPhone is covered under your wireless carrier plan.
  • Remove your iPhone or iPad from your trusted devices: Sign in to appleid.apple.com, then choose Devices from the sidebar. Select your device, scroll down, and select Remove from account. If you filed an iPhone Theft and Loss claim, don't remove the iPhone from your trusted devices until your claim has been fully approved.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2023 2:44 AM in response to Kealeboga47

Hi there,

First make sure to report the theft to local law enforcement.

Then follow these steps

• Change your Apple ID password: Sign in to appleid.apple.com, then choose Sign-in and Security from the sidebar. Select Password and follow the instructions.
  • Remotely erase your iPhone or iPad: If you have access to a trusted device or a family member's device, erase your device with Find My. Otherwise, erase your device from iCloud.com/find.
  • If your iPhone is covered by AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, file a claim for an iPhone replacement. Don't remove your iPhone from Find My or your Apple ID until your claim has been fully approved.
  • Report it to local law enforcement. They might request the serial number of your iPhone or iPad, which you can find even if you don't have the device. Learn how to find the serial number of your device.
  • Contact your wireless carrier to report your missing iPhone, ask them to disable your account, and file a claim if your iPhone is covered under your wireless carrier plan.
  • Remove your iPhone or iPad from your trusted devices: Sign in to appleid.apple.com, then choose Devices from the sidebar. Select your device, scroll down, and select Remove from account. If you filed an iPhone Theft and Loss claim, don't remove the iPhone from your trusted devices until your claim has been fully approved.

My iphone promax got stolen i need to disable it permanently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.