Magsafe not lighting up or charging

Hello, I just got the MacBook Pro 14 inch m2 version. It has been working fine until Magsafe 3 stoped working completely on me. I do not know what is wrong and the support page does not help me unfortunately as it is talking about when Magsafe is blinking indicating that there is something wrong. For me that is not the case as it is not indication anything and no light is turning on at all.

Background, I have had it for about 2 - 3 weeks now so and all the ports seem to be all good with no problems. I have had no liquid issues or dropped it as of yet. I am right now in Japan and I am from Sweden so I thought it was a power issue, however it has been working fine for 2 weeks without any problems charging and lighting up. I also updated the MacBook it to the latest firmware to be sure that was not the problem with no help. Perhaps I need a new cable but the cable looks perfect and the port looks the same. Normal charging from the USB-C port works as normal and the power brick works fine when I do that. It is either the Magsafe cable or the port itself but I am no export so I can't say for sure.

Anyone had any similar problems and can maybe help out?

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 3:08 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 1, 2023 8:48 AM in response to Admiinistrator

The exact same thing has happened to my Mac, 2021 M1 14 Pro, worked fine the other day, no issues up until now, no damage from my end.

battery died and now it won’t charge with my MagSafe charger or any other (tried in a store).

I suspect this is an issue due to Sonoma. I’m yet to have any reply on my issue either, but I’ve seen quite a lot of people reporting similar issues on this board. It cannot be coincidental

Magsafe not lighting up or charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.