Security lockout-what? I didn’t forget my passcode !

I have a message each time I try to open my phone that says security lockout and tells me to try again in a certain time frame. I wait and try again and get same message except the time frame is longer. I am currently at a three hour wait to try again. The screen also gives this link to visit “support.Apple.com/phone/passcode” and when entered says that doesn’t exist. Ehat is going on? What are my next steps?

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 2:18 PM

Watch out: If you enter the wrong passcode too often, you might be forced to erase and reset the phone. I've read that in iOS 17, Apple has modified this a bit. If you change your passcode and forget the new one, you have a three day grace period in which you can use your Apple ID / Apple ID password, and your previous passcode, to get back into the phone without erasing it.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2023 2:18 PM in response to Lewis2ca

Watch out: If you enter the wrong passcode too often, you might be forced to erase and reset the phone. I've read that in iOS 17, Apple has modified this a bit. If you change your passcode and forget the new one, you have a three day grace period in which you can use your Apple ID / Apple ID password, and your previous passcode, to get back into the phone without erasing it.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Security lockout-what? I didn’t forget my passcode !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.