How do I get Apple TV subscription to my other than TV devices?

I have subscription to Britbox, and other streaming aps that I use on my TV. How do I get these apps for my IPad?

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 5:59 AM

Depending on how you subscribed (where you started these subscriptions), you should likely be able to use and sign in to these apps with the matching account for that subscription.

• If you subscribed to BritBox directly with BritBox (on their site, with an account specifically for that service), then you should be able to sign in to the BritBox app on iPad (if it isn’t too old: currently iPadOS 11.0 or later) with those credentials.
  • If you subscribed to BritBox in the BritBox app on a different Apple device (e.g. Apple TV box, or iPhone), then you should be able to use the BritBox app on iPad (if it isn’t too old) through your matching Apple ID, by choosing Restore Purchases.
  • If you subscribed to BritBox in the Apple TV app on a different device, then can watch this in the Apple TV app on any of your other devices automatically when signed with a matching Apple ID. This type requires the Apple TV app. Apple TV app in-app Channel subscriptions are not exchangeable with the other types listed.
  • If you subscribed to BritBox through neither BritBox nor Apple, but through a fourth party reseller, then contact BritBox about options. You may need to cancel and resubscribe differently.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 5:59 AM in response to angelfireron

Depending on how you subscribed (where you started these subscriptions), you should likely be able to use and sign in to these apps with the matching account for that subscription.

• If you subscribed to BritBox directly with BritBox (on their site, with an account specifically for that service), then you should be able to sign in to the BritBox app on iPad (if it isn’t too old: currently iPadOS 11.0 or later) with those credentials.
  • If you subscribed to BritBox in the BritBox app on a different Apple device (e.g. Apple TV box, or iPhone), then you should be able to use the BritBox app on iPad (if it isn’t too old) through your matching Apple ID, by choosing Restore Purchases.
  • If you subscribed to BritBox in the Apple TV app on a different device, then can watch this in the Apple TV app on any of your other devices automatically when signed with a matching Apple ID. This type requires the Apple TV app. Apple TV app in-app Channel subscriptions are not exchangeable with the other types listed.
  • If you subscribed to BritBox through neither BritBox nor Apple, but through a fourth party reseller, then contact BritBox about options. You may need to cancel and resubscribe differently.

How do I get Apple TV subscription to my other than TV devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.