Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iCloud passwords in a shared group are not available on Windows

It looks like passwords in a shared iCloud password group (created in iOS 17) don't show up in the iCloud Passwords app on a Windows PC. This isn't an issue for my other iOS or Mac devices, just Windows. The weird thing is that I actually thought it was working for a bit, but now I don't see them at all from my Windows PC. Are shared password groups supported yet on Windows?

Repro steps:

1. Create a shared password group in iOS 17
  2. Move a password into the shared group.
  3. Open your iCloud Password app on a Windows PC
  4. Search for your shared password and notice that doesn't show up.
  5. On you iOS device, move the password back to the non-shared group.
  6. Go back to your Windows PC and notice that you can find the password again.

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2024 5:37 AM

Please add support for this on iCloud for Windows.

The lack of support for password groups on iCloud for Windows hampers my ability to share critical credentials with my wife who uses a Windows computer.

19 replies

Apr 25, 2024 9:52 AM in response to figspebble

As of April 25th I'm rather sad to see this feature of family passwords in the Windows iCloud isn't available yet. I would like to add my voice and strongly encourage Apple to develop this quickly. Family passwords feature in IOS allowed me to ditch a third party product, but it's lack of functionality on Windows may force me back, which is frustrating and expensive.

Please Apple, if you are watching, develop this asap.

iCloud passwords in a shared group are not available on Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.