Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iMovie will not share or export - no error message, just doesn't respond.

My iMovie will not export -

1) I tried a new library

2) I reset preferences

3) I deleted and reinstalled iMovie

4) Tried a new project

5) no projects will export

6) Have plenty of storage

Not sure what else to do. I need my old projects, and one I just did took a day, and I can't get it to export.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 11:59 AM

Hi,

Make sure that your software is up to date (both iMovie and operating system) that that you have sufficient application space on your internal drive for iMovie to operate, and also sufficient space on your destination drive to contain the movie.

You mentioned that these were "old projects" as well as one new project. In what version of iMovie were they created?

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 11:59 AM in response to EWINGWORKS

Hi,

Make sure that your software is up to date (both iMovie and operating system) that that you have sufficient application space on your internal drive for iMovie to operate, and also sufficient space on your destination drive to contain the movie.

You mentioned that these were "old projects" as well as one new project. In what version of iMovie were they created?

-- Rich

iMovie will not share or export - no error message, just doesn't respond.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.