Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Icloud photos

I’m trying to restore/sync my photos from icloud to my iphone but it says “not enough iphone storage”

my icloud storage still has 1TB++ left, and my setting is at “optimize iphone storage”

why can’t it get restored/synced when i have a lot of icloud storage left?

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 7:38 AM

Even when using the "Optimize iPhone Storage" setting, your iPhone needs enough space to store the smaller version of every photo you have in iCloud Photo Library. If your iPhone doesn't have enough space to store the smaller version of every photo, the sync will fail.

One option is to archive or make copies of some of the photos you have in iCloud Photo Library on a Mac or PC, then delete them from iCloud Photo Library. You will not be able to view these archives photos from the Photos app on your iPhone. You can learn how to archive photos here: Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 7:38 AM in response to Inahhani

Even when using the "Optimize iPhone Storage" setting, your iPhone needs enough space to store the smaller version of every photo you have in iCloud Photo Library. If your iPhone doesn't have enough space to store the smaller version of every photo, the sync will fail.

One option is to archive or make copies of some of the photos you have in iCloud Photo Library on a Mac or PC, then delete them from iCloud Photo Library. You will not be able to view these archives photos from the Photos app on your iPhone. You can learn how to archive photos here: Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

Icloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.