numbers pivot table

Hello,

I tried pivot table in numbers and Fields are showing up as Column A, Column B, Column C etc rather than the field name. This makes the job really difficult as I need to go through the main sheet to identify which each column represents. Any idea how can I see the field name / heading in the field to select instead of Column A, B, C etc.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 12:14 PM

Numbers shows Column A, Column B, etc. because your columns don't have headers. Yes you have put titles but they are in a "normal" row.

Select your table and in the Format sidebar, section Table, sub section Headers and Footers, give one Header row to your table.

It might also be useful to set one header column.

BTW you don't have to post two messages to include pictures, you can mix text and picture in the same post.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 12:14 PM in response to umar167

Numbers shows Column A, Column B, etc. because your columns don't have headers. Yes you have put titles but they are in a "normal" row.

Select your table and in the Format sidebar, section Table, sub section Headers and Footers, give one Header row to your table.

It might also be useful to set one header column.

BTW you don't have to post two messages to include pictures, you can mix text and picture in the same post.

numbers pivot table

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.